A couple of years ago when Internet-enabled smartphones had not yet surfaced, It was pretty easy to use a cell phone. Those days, a cell phone was basically used to send and receive text messages as well as make phone calls. However, as years went by, cellphones became smaller, thinner, and more feature-rich. Currently, there’s a smartphone craze and mobile broadband that has changed the whole cellphone landscape.
Web-enabled smartphones are the order now the order and, unlike the previous types of cellphones, smartphones heavily rely on a data connection to utilize their various features.
However, before you can establish a data connection on most smartphones, you need to setup your device using specific settings in order for it to send and receive data packets over a data network.
As most consumers can tell, setting up a Web-enabled device is not straightforward but neither is it hard. Once you know what details to input and where to input them, your device should be able to connect without problems.
To setup your device on T-Mobile’s 4G network, you need to configure the T-Mobile 4G APN settings for your device so that it can connect to the carrier’s data network. Once that is done, you will be able to surf the Web with your mobile device.
The following guide shows you how to setup T-Mobile 4G APN in the US. There are many reasons you may want to setup your device; it could be new or you might be using an unlocked phone and you’re switching carriers. Whatever your reason, these settings should setup your device for mobile Internet on T-Mobile.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘General’.
- Tap ‘Cellular’ and then ‘Cellular Data Network’.
- Select ON for ‘Mobile Data’ if it is off.
- Tap ‘APN’.
- Fill in the details for each field for the T-Mobile US 4G frequency (as shown in the settings details below).
- Return Home by hitting Home button.
- Test the settings by launching a web page in the browser.
- Name: T-Mobile
- APN: epc.tmobile.com
- Proxy: (leave blank)
- Port: (leave blank)
- Username: (leave lank)
- Password: (leave blank)
- Server: (leave blank)
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS Proxy: 261.155.165.050
- MMS Port: 8080
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Authentication Type: (blank)
- Type: default, supl, admin, dun, mms
- APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- Go to settings on your Android 4.2.1 phone.
- Choose ‘More’.
- Choose ‘Mobile Networks’.
- Choose ‘Access Point Names’.
- Select ‘New APN’ by tapping the three small circles at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Input the details of the settings for T-Mobile 4G as shown above.
- After entering all details, save the settings by tapping the three dots in the right corner of the screen.
- Select New APN and then test your new connection by launching a web page in the browser.